Karate is a martial art which is an indigenous method of fighting, characterized by kicking and punching without any weapons involved. The island of Okinawa is considered to be the birthplace of Karate. Among the many forms of Karate, the most famous forms were those founded in Japan after the Second World War. The most widely used master Sensei Gichin Funakoshi was a key pioneer in the development of modern karate. In fact, he was the "prime mover" in bringing traditional Okinawan karate to Japan.
ABE Keigo Sensei, 9th Dan Japan, founded the JAPAN SHOTOKAN KARATE ASSOCIATION. It is one of the fastest growing Shotokan associations in the world. Abe Sensei trained for three decades under NAKAYAMA Masatoshi Sensei, a student of FUNAKOSHI Gichin Sensei. ABE Sensei's teaching is based on traditional Shotokan style but also includes ABE Sensei's unique style. Abe Keigo Sensei has taught and influenced some of the top Japanese instructors in the world today, and headed numerous delegations in around 60 countries for the JSKA. Abe Sensei has been also an official instructor with the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Technology, a national referee for the JKF, and an international referee for the WKF.
Sensei PK Gopalakrishnan is the Chief instructor, Examiner, Judge of JSKA India, Sri Lanka, Oman, UAE and Qatar. Sensei Gopalakrishnan got training from lots of international masters. Besides Shotokan katas, he performs the Kates of other 3 recognized styles. (SHITO-RYU,GOJU-RYU,WADO-RYU). He got a 'Life Achievement Award' issued by GOSHIN KAI KARATE-DO ASSOCIATION for performing 101 Katas from 4 recognized styles in 3 hours.
Benefits of Karate
- Developing self-confidence, self-esteem, concentration, discipline and co-operation.
- Maximum power with minimum effort.
- Improves strength, flexibility, ability and increases stamina.
- To avoid physical confrontation by leveraging the confidence and discipline.
- To calmly deal with bullying situations.
- Muscular strength and flexibility.
- Reflex action to overcome unexpected dangers.
- High level of respect.
- Compassion and understanding.
- Relaxed mind and body to face any challenges in real life.
- Concentration, energy and enthusiasm.
- Increased performance in all physical and mental activities.
- Increased flexibility and weight control for better overall fitness.
- Stress reduction and the ability to relax.